We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
7370 W. 88th Avenue,
Arvada, CO 80021
Phone: (303) 467-2644
Fax: (303) 467-2695
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
• July 3: Full Moon, July 19: New Moon
• July 28 – 29: Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks.
• July: NABA National Butterfly count
• Our longest days bring our highest average temperatures, and all those thunderstorms make for our second wettest month.
• Rufous Hummingbirds visit mid-month on their southbound leg of the longest migration distance of any bird for its size.
• Calliope Hummingbirds, our smallest bird in North America, also visit on their southern migration.
• Black-chinned Hummingbirds spill over from the mountains and visit feeders.
• American and Lesser Goldfinches are our last birds to nest, waiting for mature thistle plants to provide nesting material and food for their young.
• Robins have finished nesting but will readily visit yards in search of worms and berries. Plant berry-producing shrubs or offer cherries, cranberries, raisins, grapes or blueberries to help robins feed their young.